Sunday 7 April 2013

YES! We All Have That Moment When….






This blog is so dusty *picks broom and starts sweeping*. I know, yes I know. I know it’s been a while since I posted something on this blog. I was undergoing something I call &^R@ (okay I don’t have a name for it yet), but I know for sure we all have that moment.

Writing is my passion. I love writing so much that I could kill the president to write an article. Okay! You already know I love writing …… blah blah blah, but I am not on this sick bed to tell you why I love writing.

Everyone has that moment when our dreams seem strange and alien to us all of a sudden.

That moment when your goals seems impossible to achieve.

That moment when you are hopeless.

That moment when, you just wanna give up on that project.

Yes! We all have that moment when everything is just BLANK.

I had my own share of this moment last week and it was so long that it lasted four days. I don’t think I should go into details but I was at the verge of giving up on my dreams in life. But something happened that brought me back to life, something that gave me hope. KUNGFU PANDA happened!

As a fan of Kung fu Panda, I watched the movie again (after seeing it for like a million times) and I realized that there is no special ingredient. And this triggered my subconscious to action.

So I looked how far I had come, where I am going and I said to myself, “I can do it”. This simple and singular action brought an end to that ‘moment’.

I became energetic, enthusiastic and surprisingly just like African magic everything started working out.

The point is; when you find yourself in any situation like this, don’t be scared. Even those you see as great people, at one point had their own share of this ‘moment’. Just see it as one of those steps you have to climb in order to reach your goal.

Robert Collier once said that “there is nothing on earth that you cannot have-once you have mentally accepted the fact that you can have it".

So when you find yourself in that ‘moment’, don’t abandon your goals.

Just say “THIS TOO SHALL PASS” and be persistent because it is the only tool you can use in that kind of situation.

Have that strong belief in yourself. You can do just about anything in life; all you have to do is believe and DO it.

PS: If you watch Kungfu Panda and it doesn’t work for you………….Go and call your "MOPOL". I just wanna say thank you to all the readers of this blog and those of y’all ‘first- timers’, don’t forget to drop your tithe in my inbox (just kidding).
You may pursue me on twitter @sadiq_daniel to get tips on how to make millions per second pursue your dreams in a context of happiness.