Monday 2 February 2015

3 Unconventional Tips On How To Stand Out In A Crowded Market

Everyone is making noise and it is very difficult to hear those that are speaking- those with quality content....

When I started blogging few years back, I encountered (still do) a lot of challenges with respect to getting traffic on my blog. Because my blog is not focused on what was/is "selling- entertainment/News/Gossip, it is kind of hard to get people on here.

There were times where I'd  kill myself write out my heart, share my articles across various social networking platforms- LinkedIn, Twitter,Facebook, Yet I wasn't getting the ROI I wanted. It took me a while to realize certain things (I wish I had known these things before I started blogging though) I am going to share with you guys.

Sit back, grab yourself a bowl of soup while you digest these unconventional tips on how to stand out in a crowded market.

#1 There is Nothing Wrong With What You Are Doing:
The fact that you are not doing what everyone else is doing doesn't mean there is something wrong with what your ideas or your goals. Neither does it mean there is no one ready to listen to you.

At some point I was tempted to switch to Gossips because nothing was really happening here. I was getting less than 5 page views per month. I was frustrated... But I never knew that the problem was not with what I was doing but with HOW I went about it. I started seeing results when I fixed the HOW (the process).

What I'm trying to say is that there is always a market for you regardless of what you are selling; Whether you are an artiste that  sings good music in a market where majority are interested in just noise and beats or a writer that is passionate about quality contents.

Even if it is only one out of 10,000 internet users that engages you, that is still hundreds of people.

#2 Don't Play With Consistency: Now that you know that there is a market for you regardless of what you are doing, you must be consistent. This was another huge mistake I made- I was never consistent with my writing so even the few followers I had on my blog left.

Don't joke with consistency. With consistency you make mistakes, learn from them and make better mistakes.

#3 Make a Lot of Noise About Your Work: Finally for you to stand out in a crowded market, you must be a noise-maker... For your voice to be heard or your idea to reach those that will really benefit from it, you need to make noise- tell people about what you are doing.

Scream about what you do, tell your friends to tell their friends to tell your friends. Amplify your voice by leveraging the social media....

When you combine these three tips, you will begin to see return on investment (the changes might not be magnanimous but you will see positive changes).

Just have it at the back of your mind that there is nothing wrong with your ideas. Not everyone will applaud you, mind you or even be aware that you exist. Don't flinch, Focus on that 1% that are interested in what you've got to offer.

If you gained something from this article please share with your friends by clicking the share button below.




Sadiq Daniel is a certified Crazy Writer and Teens Coach that blogs on business, Self- development, Life lessons and Ideas that challenges the status quo... You can pursue him on Twitter: @sadiqspeaks LinkedIn: Sadiq Daniel and Email: Sadiqdaniel@gmail.com