Read about them.
Study their mistakes.
Learn from them.
The hard truth is that there are no quick-fix solutions to problems you
Why spend time alone making old mistakes when you can easily access those that have done what you want to do, learn from their mistakes, and make better ones.
Getting closer to people that have "done-did-it" has now been very easy, thanks to the technological advancements and the connection economy.
Regardless of whatever you intend creating, there is always someone out there ready to help. All you need to do is look in the right places.
This is what I do most times- Maybe you should try it out too (if you don't already have a game plan).
- Get a jotter or a note pad and write down things you need to find out pertaining the stuff you intend creating. For Example: If you intend starting a blog, you should write down the questions you need answers to like "What do I need to start a blog?" "What should the design look like?"....
- Then You "Google it"... Type in all your crazy questions (it is free don't worry). And digest all the information you can get.
- Go for a Coffee break and filter those information for the useful ones. How do you then distinguish the BS from the real stuff? This is what I do; I search for the author of the journals I read to see their track record (if they really know shit about what they are saying). Then I follow them on Twitter. first then LinkedIn.
- Then I send them E-mails and mention them on twitter that I sent them an email.
- Don't stop at one E-mail, most of these guys are extremely busy and they get thousands of mails per day. So you keep them messages coming ( It's still free, don't worry).
- Ask you questions.
- Go the extra mile by reaching out to them in person if you can. Get closer to them the best way you can.
- Share your mistakes with them.
- Keep connecting with them.
Kindly share with me your own game plan. I'd really appreciate new ideas that will give me the opportunity to have sex with more successful people. Thanks.
Sadiq Daniel is a certified Crazy Writer and Teens Coach that blogs on business, Self- development, Life lessons and Ideas that challenges the status quo... You can pursue him on Twitter: @sadiqspeaks LinkedIn: Sadiq Daniel and Email:Sadiqdaniel@gmail.com