Sunday 21 June 2015

My New Gig On Radio [Awesome Stuff]


Growing up as a kid, I asked a lot of questions about almost everything. I asked intelligent questions, crazy and stupid ones too. I wasn't really scared of asking questions. If I don't understand something, I just asked.

Most times my dad will tell me something just to keep me mute. Like the time my youngest brother was a baby and I asked my dad how babies are being made. I can remember that he paused for a while, I guess he wasn't expecting such a question and he also knew I wouldn't stop. So he said -"Babies are from heaven, they are sent from heaven by God" then he disappeared, he didn't let me ask "how."

So you can imagine me carrying that belief for years. And when I eventually found out, (don't ask me how) I just laughed.

With time, school killed my inquisitiveness. Asking "why" was not encouraged. We were made to cram the mathematical tables, measurement tables and even English comprehensions. You dare not ask why. Asking why portrays rudeness or stubbornness. So we just crammed and crammed hoping that these things will make us a better person or get us great jobs when we become adults.

1+1= 2.... Pi = 22/7 or 3.142... Black is Black and White is White... A is the first letter and Z is the last... Saturday is the last day of the week...

We were programmed to just accept and not question these little things to the point that when we became adults, we find it hard to question the big important stuffs. So when life hits us hard, we just accept fate.

When we don't ask "why", our creativity fades away gradually and without creativity, we cannot make any positive impact in the world we live in.

It took me a while before I could break out of the mental prison that school kept me. I am not where I want to be yet but I know I am on the right path.

I now understand how important "why" is. It helps us challenge the wrongs in our lives and society, propose solutions to these problems, thus making us a life changer. (that we are created to be)

So I have decided to invest time in teaching people on the importance of asking "why". My blog posts reflects a bit of that and I also launched a program on WIG radio- an online radio station last week.

The name of the program is "Asking Why" that focuses on challenging the status quo and subsequently feature successful people that are creating work that matters.


Join me 9.30am-10am Mondays on WIG Radio. WIG radio is an online radio station and you may listen live on web or download the app on Blackberry world, Google play store, Apple store. You may also follow the radio on twitter 

Sadiq Daniel is a certified Crazy Writer and Teens Coach that blogs on business, Self- development, Life lessons and Ideas that challenges the status quo... You can pursue him for a speaking engagements on Twitter: @sadiqspeaks LinkedIn: Sadiq Daniel and Email:Sadiqdaniel@gmail.com