Sunday 12 July 2015

#DayTwo #365DaysGratitudeProject: Making Little Things Count


making little things couny

When I woke up this morning, I felt weak and my head was hurting. Getting up from bed to the bathroom was like World War II. I just wanted that feeling to go. I wanted to go from being un well to well. From weak to strong. I just wanted to be able to sing out loud like I used to whenever I'm having a shower.

It was in this state that I realized the value of good health. And that confirmed the saying that we do not appreciate what we have until it is gone.

Maybe it is high time we start starting looking at good health with another lens. Looking at good health as a gift from God. A gift we don't deserve, a gift we should always be grateful for.

So as part of the promise I made to myself, I have decided to embrace the positives, embrace these little gifts and appreciate them when I still have them.

I am using this opportunity to thank God for:

• The fact that I can breathe without medical support

• The fact that I can walk and run with my two legs

• The fact that I can tweet, write, grab and create things with my hands.

• The fact that I am hail and healthy.

Let us learn to embrace and show gratitude for these little things around us.

NOTE: If you want to be part of the #365DaysGratitudeProject send me something you are grateful for via email tosadiqdaniel@gmail.com and I'd publish it here as soon as I get it. (Shouldn't be more than two paragraphs though)

PS: Join me on another episode of #AskingWhy tomorrow (Monday) by 10.30am on WIGRadio. Listen live viahttp://wigradio.com or download the App on Blackberry, Androids and IOS.